What are the most useful manual checks?
- General: try navigating with a screen reader and different browsers.
- Images and non-text content: alt text, images of text.
- Audio, video and multimedia: audiodescription and subtitles.
- Document structure: headings, lists and tables.
- Layout and presentation: contrast, text size, stylesheets turned off, movement.
- Behaviour and scripting: keyboard access, scripting turned off.
- Metadata and understanding: page titles, link text.
- Forms: labels, error messages.
What is a CAPTCHA? How do I make it accessible?
The most accessible solution is not to use the CAPTCHA at all, and use filtering and security mechanisms on the web server.
What is audio description?
Audio description is a narration that describes a video, usually in the gaps between the actors’ dialogues. It should be sufficient to allow a non-sighted user understand what is happening. The user should be able to turn it on or off.